Hello Robot Inc | Robotics Engineer Intern
(May 2023 - Present)
- Building mobile robots that help make embodied Al and robotic assistance more accessible to people.
- Serving demands of Al research groups at Meta Al, Allen Institute (AI2), Apple, CMU, MIT, and more, by delivering quality software components.
- Developing the ROS 2 infrastructure of our flagship product - Stretch 2.
Robotic Caregiving and Human-interaction Lab | Research Assistant
(October 2022 - Present)
- Working on autonomous bedding manipulation using graph-based dynamics modeling and mobile manipulator robots.
- Advised by Prof. Zackory Erickson.
- Working on a project funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Puthuveetil, Kavya, et al. "Robust Body Exposure (RoBE): A Graph-based Dynamics Modeling Approach to Manipulating Blankets over People." arXiv preprint arXiv:2304.04822 (2023). Accepted at IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L), 2023. Project Page: [https://rchi-lab.github.io/robust-body-exposure/](https://rchi-lab.github.io/robust-body-exposure/)
DJS Racing | Technical Lead - Driverless
(March 2019 - Present)
- Spearheading a team of 20 members to develop the software for an autonomous Formula Student racecar.
- Designed the CAD model of the prototype.
- Designed a data acquisition system using the CAN protocol for automotive-grade safety.
- Developed a pipeline for 3D object detection using a LiDAR and mono camera.
- Assisted in developing a redundant state estimation alogrithm.
- Integrated 2D landmark SLAM, MPC controller and sampling-based path planning.
Open Robotics | Student Developer (Google Summer of Code)
(May 2021 - Aug 2021)
- Worked at Open Robotics to add new features to Ignition Gazebo, funded by Google.
- Added the capability to visualize joints, inertia, and center of mass of robot models in simulation worlds. Developed transparent and wireframe rendering modes to debug 3D models.
- Engaged with the entire organization in weekly technical meetings to plan the project work.
Mowito | Robotics Engineer Intern
(Jan 2021 - May 2021)
- Worked with the development team to deploy autonomous robot software in warehouse environments.
- Worked on the startup’s maxL robot navigation stack, for smooth trajectory planning.
- Created a tool to calibrate wheel encoders for a differential-drive robot.
- Developed an automated testing system to generate synthetic 2D/3D LiDAR measurements.
- Added the capability to remotely debug deployed robots using AWS Greengrass and SSH tools.
IEEE Student Branch - DJSCE | Chairperson
(Aug 2020 - Aug 2021)
- Led a team of 36 members to organize events, webinars, and workshops on the college campus.
- Implemented Agile project management for smooth operation of the committee.
- Developed the website of the committee to showcase the blogs, events, and the members of the team.
National Service Scheme | Volunteer
(June 2019 - June 2020)
- Organized tree plantation and blood donation drives.